Saturday, June 05, 2010

Puck's Farm

Puck's Farm is located on the 11th concession in King, just south of Hwy 9.  We drive past the sign on Hwy 9 all the time and have wanted to take Kate there for ages.  Kate loves farm animals.  She has several farm animal books and toys and a movie too!  Perhaps if we had not been filled with so much anticipation we wouldn't have been quite so disappointed...

It started out well.  Kate was excited to see the cows in the pasture.



















And the pony ride was fine - if you ignore the fact that the woman that led her around the little loop stunk like marijuana.  (We had seen her across the way smoking, silly me, I thought it was a cigarette.  I suppose she had to live up to the name stitched into the back of her ball cap - Purple Haze)















I suppose I don't have a complaint about the sign...















And the animals in the barn were fine - although some were a little ragged looking and the barn itself was a little dirtier than it needed to be, and well a paint job might be in order.  The pigs were definitely cute.  However the hissing goose and the cock-a-doodling rooster made Kate cry, so that put a damper on things.















And what is it about goats - these the goats of the apocalypse had more horns than I'd ever seen on goats before... is it wrong to be creeped out by goats?















We didn't wait around for the hay ride... We'll wait a year and perhaps we'll try to take Kate to a farm again, but we definitely won't be going back to Puck's.  Sadly not worth the $10/adult admission!

1 comment:

Bates Blogger said...

At least now you know. Cute cute picture of Kate on the pony!