Wednesday, June 30, 2010

The End of the School Year

What to say... I still remember January 3rd - the night before I went back to work, I just couldn't stop crying.  I had puffy eyes the next morning.  Kate was in shock for the first three days too.  Reality hit on Thursday - she cried all day.  Some days I wished the weeks would fly by and it would be summer, but did I really want six months of days gone in a snap?  I lived for the weekends.  Kate would often ask for Ella on a Saturday morning, Ella being Antoinette's dog, Antoinette being the angel who looked after Kate.  I would tell her not today and we would play and cuddle in bed.  There were some holidays and some sick days and June did wear on a bit.  BUT we made it.  And now we have two months of cuddles and hugs before I have to think about my other kiddies again. 

I am blessed to have a wonderful job/career, but my most important job is to be Kate's Mom.  I love my darling girl.  YAY summer!