Part One - The downtown tradition (Saturday, April 10)
This is the third year in a row that we have gone to the St. Lawrence Market and the Distillery District for my birthday. It was a beautiful day - a little windy and cold in the shade but warm and lovely in the sun. We had a yummy lunch at the Brick Street Bakery - such yummy sandwiches. Then on to Soma to stock up on more chocolate then is reasonable. The last stop was the Sweet Escape for some cupcakes. From there we walked down to the Market (stopping at some swings on the way) to pick up light amber maple syrup and Kozlik's mustard. We didn't spend very long in the Market at all, navigating that place with a stroller is well, just plain nuts!
Part Two - Dinner with Mom and Dad (Sunday, April 11)
I'm starting to feel a little badly that my Mom cooks dinner for our birthdays every year. We should take a turn and Ken should cook for our birthdays next year! Sunday after church we went to my parent's and had dinner. Thank you Mom for making turkey - yum! And thank you Dad for getting me a yummy peanut butter and chocolate ice cream cake - yay!
Part Three - Dinner at the Keg (Monday, April 12)
I love that Andrew works at the Keg. I love going out for a yummy steak dinner, and paying much less than full price! We had fun. Great food, even better service. How often does your server look after your child so you can cut up your meat? Kate had fun walking around with her Uncle.
5 comments:
Looks like a great birthday weekend! You are absolutely glowing as a mommy! I love seeing your smiling face! It reminds me just enjoy my children.
Love love love your blog.
I didn't forget your birthday. I just didn't tell you I didn't forget your birthday. :)
Love you Wend!
xo
h
Happy late birthday! It looks like you had a birthday week-how fun!!!
Fun times. I want my birthday to last as long as your birthday lasts!! :)
Looks like you had a great time!
Post a Comment