Trains, where to begin. The first time Ken and I travelled to Tottenham was in October 2005. We came with some friends to ride the South Simcoe Railway's historic steam train. At that point in time I never imagined we'd end up living here... but that's a different story. In December of 2008 I decided that I was finally going to start cross stitching a birth announcement for the baby I was pregnant with. I had no idea if I was having a boy or a girl, but I knew I was moving to Tottenham so when I saw the train sampler in the store, it just seemed perfect. Not only is Tottenham the home of the SSR, the CN railway line runs right along the town, and crosses Tottenham Road twice. We hear the trains blow their horns lots! Kate loves the train. We have train books and she makes the cutest sound with her tongue as her train sound and now she has started woo-hooing too!
We knew that the Easter Bunny Express was in operation on Easter Sunday and so between Conference Sessions we decided to go see the train. Kate was very excited to see all the trains. It was the first time we'd taken her down to see them. I think this summer we'll definitely have to take a ride.

2 comments:
I"d like to take the kids on the train too - maybe we can organize that together!
Fun, fun! I want to take my kids on the train too!
Post a Comment