Ken and I both have fond memories of going to the Royal Agricutural Winter Fair as children. And not that Kate is able to make memories she'll keep yet, but we thought it would be fun to take her to the fair, and fun it was!
Our first stop was the horse ring. We watched a horse and rider being presented, and then we walked around a few of the horse stalls. Kate was so excited. Our next stop was the petting farm, goats, and cows and sheep oh my!
They had cups of food for sale that you could feed to the animals. I fed the animals while Kate watched. Every so often she would sort of touch an animal. There were sheep, goats, llamas, and calves. This picture is not even remotely flattering of me, but it is funny. I was just slightly icked out by the calf putting his very wet nose all over my hand. Ken remarked, at least I've never been sneezed on by a cow! And just in case you were wondering, I used lots of hand sanitizer and washed my hands several times.
After seeing the little animals we walked past the BIG cows.
Our next stop was the Superdog show. It was super. The dogs were great. First on the program was the high jump. Then came the races. The show was about 35 minutes long. Kate got into it shouting at the dogs.
After a morning of almost more excitement then she could handle Kate fell asleep. Ken and I enjoyed yummy Indian food and walked around a little bit more. Hopefully we'll go again in a few years, when Kate will actually be able to remember, for now, she'll have pictures.







3 comments:
I think you purchase Kate's outfits solely on the basis of whether it goes perfectly with some portion of your wardrobe.
Love ya!
Purchase? You are confused... the shirt she is wearing came from Anna! (Care of Suzanne of course.)
And how cute does she look? So cute!
Looked like a fun day for Kate! I bet she loved the dog show.
Post a Comment