Today Kate and I had the pleasure of having lunch with "Uncle" Stanley. He's my dad's uncle - so my great uncle and Kate's great-great Uncle. He really is so great. We had a delightful time chatting. It's so lovely to be with family, to feel at home with them in a way that you can't quite feel with anyone else. Stanley is an amazing man. He was the principal viola for the TSO for forty years. He was telling me that he's been a member of the musicians union coming up 73 years. They're having some sort of party to honour him. I sat down and interviewed Stanley three years ago - asking him about family, his experiences growing up and all sorts of things really. I just recently transcribed the tape and then wrote him a story. I gave him the story today. I hope he likes it. He seemed tickled!

2 comments:
Beautiful picture
I love the photo. So sweet.
Post a Comment