We drove to Sarnia and then I begged to stop to go to the bathroom. This turned into a lunch break. When we got back on the road the line up to go over the boarder was a little long. I don't remember exactly what time we crossed the border but it was sometime after 3, we still had an hour drive to the airport and we were doing the park and fly thing. The park and fly was really well organized - thank goodness, so we were off to the airport pretty quickly. We arrived at the airport sometime after 4 and then things got hairy. Trying to figure out where to check in wasn't fun. We finally checked in, checked our baggage, went through security and then had to trek down the terminal. The terminal in Detroit is pretty much one long corridor. I had Kate in my arms and we took off ahead of the pack. I wasn't sure how my Dad was going to make it there and I figured if one of us got there they would have to hold the flight. Mom was next to arrive, then Ken and then Andrew and Dad. We were just about the last ones on the plane - but we made it!
The flight itself was uneventful. We watched "My Life in Ruins" which was fun - cheesy bad movie fun complete with a poopy joke. When we landed we collected all of our bags - yay and headed for the rental cars. Dad enjoyed being taken around the airport in style this time - no limping for him! We made it to the hotel and Jon came to meet us. We were all thoroughly exhausted but happy to have arrived safely in UTAH!!
1 comment:
Wow - that sounds just crazy. And just a tad bit stressful!!!! Glad to hear that you were able to make it!!!
Post a Comment