Friday, August 28, 2009

Hill AFB, swimming and goodbye.

I was very excited to go to Hill AFB mostly because I thought this was where the IMAX movie "Fighter Pilot- Operation Red Flag" was filmed. I kept looking for some information about the movie and didn't find any. It wasn't until I got home that I found out it was filmed in Nevada. It makes sense that I would remember the brown dusty landscape and think of Utah. It was a really hot day and as much fun as looking at the big planes outside was, I was happy to go inside.














Seth and Marcus are such cuties.














Jon and Marcus



















I wish Andrew could look after Kate when I return to work. He is so amazing with her, and with all his nephews and nieces.














Ken didn't want to pose by the hydrogen bomb but I told him that I needed perspective. I had no idea they were so huge.














Andrew and Marcus and Andrew's favourite plane the SR-71. It could fly from New York to London in less than two hours.














I'm not sure why I thought planes with mouths was such an essential photo op but here it is again.














Seth, Andrew, Jon and Marcus on the other side of the SR-71.














This is the SR-71 without the flash so you can actually see it. This photo is mostly for Andrew and maybe a little for Jon. I'll have to make a point to get Andrew to look at it.














And of course I had to put a big hat on Kate in the gift shop.



















I thought this picture of Marcus and Kate was so cute I just had to use it.



















We took several pictures (preceded by much bribery) of the three kids and this one as slightly goofy as it is was the best one. Photographing groups of children is definitely not my forte.














The outside of the museum. I took this picture last, even though it might have made sense to put it first I'm a stickler for chronology!














After the museum and shopping and lunch it was time for more swimming. This was only the second time I took Kate in the pool. Swimming time seemed to coincide with her napping. But this was a much happier experience. It was warmer and I put her to sleep immediately after she was in the pool. The only bad thing was that she scraped her toes on the side of the pool, however it took me until we were on the plane the next day to notice, I'm such a good mom.





























Seth really was so cute with Kate.














Jon and his boys.














After swimming we were treated to steak dinner by Andrew. The steak was so good. I'm hungry right now and thinking about the steak is making my mouth water. The Miller's came up to Eden again which was so nice. Mary had just come home from England and so that meant we got to see her, yay!




























Joey and Kate



















I can't believe how much Joe looks like Tim - or at least to me he does. Maybe it's because Jeremy and Nick are so blond, I don't know. But I thought Joe cuddling with his Mom was so cute. Ellie you and John raised such sweet tender boys!














Cutie cousins!















John and Jon. I've got John/Jons on one side and Kens on the other. Talk about overuse!















Seth saying goodbye to Grandma.



















Chatting.














The other side of the room.

No comments: