Thursday, July 02, 2009

Cross Stitching for Kate















It was a cold snowy day in December. I had spent the morning in Tottenham for the house inspection and then I was off to Newmarket to meet Shawn and Cooper for lunch. In the same plaza as the restaurant was a Michaels - an arts and crafts store. I had wanted to pick up a cross-stitch pattern for my baby and hadn't gotten around to it yet. I picked out a design that would work for a boy or a girl. I picked the trains because Tottenham is all about trains. The rail line crosses Tottenham road twice - south of town and north of town, and we are one street over from the same line. On the other side of town is the South Simcoe Steam Train. I began work on the cross-stitch that day and spent a good deal of time, over the next two weeks, working on it. I made a pretty good dent but I was no where near finished. Then came Kate!

Long story short, I finished it two days ago and ironed it today. Now I need to take it to the framers. I'm thinking that if any of the other children we're planning to have are going to get one, I need to start cross-stitching again tomorrow!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Will you make me one too? my birthday is June 12th, 1981.

Yeah! haha!

Sally said...

Gorgeous!