Thursday, February 05, 2026

The Opera

Before Christmas, Andrew asked me if he should get tickets for Kate, me and him to go see the Barber of Seville. I said YES!!!

Tonight's performance was just joy. The orchestra played O Canada to begin and it still fills my heart and eyes! The overture is amazing, and the rest of the opera is just silly fun. The performances were amazing. The costumes and staging was amazing. I do not think there was one thing that I would change. Our tickets were great, the company was great. AND fun fact, Suzanne's really close high school friend Neesa was one of the actors in the show playing the "old lady". At the curtain call she looked up to us, and at intermission she sent me a fun backstage pic.









Neesa is wearing the maroon dress and the funny cone hat. She got to sit on a bench eating and drinking and giggling for the first half of the show.
Quick "fun" after the show story. Kate and I headed to the train thinking we would take the 11:20 pm train home, except there was no 11:20 pm train because of the derailment earlier in the week. Instead the next train wasn't until 11:50 pm - I hadn't realized this. I phoned Ken; and sweet, amazing, wonderful Ken met us at Kennedy station and drove us home. We got home around 12:20 instead of what would have been 1:00 am. (I'm posting this as dated for Thursday night because we saw the show Thursday night, which was opening night, but we weren't home by 11:59pm.) 

I'm so grateful for an awesome brother/uncle. I'm thankful for a supportive husband. And I'm so thankful to live close enough to Toronto to be able to participate in these amazing arts events. I'm so thankful for beautiful music!


No comments: