Sunday, December 21, 2025

Sunday Christmas Service

Today was a lot but it was so good. When Ornette asked for ideas for the Christmas service I asked if Kate and I could do a clarinet/flute duet. She was excited and said okay. I took the new to our hymn book "He is Born, the Divine Christ Child" (The traditional French Carol Il est nĂ© le divin enfant) and arranged it into a duet. Kate had agreed to this before I even started. The Wednesday before I went to the church to practice with Melanee and Hannah, and Kate and I practiced too. It sounded glorious.

On Sunday I was the organist, I played for the primary kids, played with Kate and accompanied Hannah and Melanee. (The week before I had also been asked to step in last minute and perform a piano solo - a medley of Beautiful Savior, which ended up fitting into the program so beautifully, it was a gift to me the way this all happened.) 

Every single bit of music that was shared today, I was part of it. I felt a little silly getting up and down and up and down. I'm not sure where I could have/should have sat to be less up and down, but it was all good. I am so so grateful to get to perform, to share my praise and worship through music with the members of my ward family. And I'm so grateful that we were a family of five together on Christmas Sunday. I'm so grateful for my Savior Jesus Christ, the reason for the season.





No comments: