Sunday, October 19, 2025

Thanksgiving with a side of broken wrist and play off fun.

We were supposed to have Thanksgiving Dinner on Sunday, October 12th but we didn't. Andrew ended up getting Blue Jays play off tickets, and couldn't come, and Mom had surgery on the 6th, so it just made sense to postpone, so we did. 

Let's back up. On Monday, September 29th Mom and CJ thought it was a good idea to play tennis. They had barely gotten started when Mom tripped and fell on her wrist. At the emergency department they said her wrist was broken and they put on a big heavy cast.

Andrew went to go visit Mom on the Thursday, Oct 2nd. She was in good spirits.

I went to go see her on Saturday, Oct 4th. It was a really quick trip between conference sessions. Mom was still in very good spirits, even though she had surgery scheduled for Tuesday.  

I went to go visit Mom on the 12th of October - the day we were supposed to celebrate Thanksgiving together. She was doing lots better - the first few days after surgery were rough, but she was still pretty tired and worn out.
Ken had an adventure.
Andrew had tickets for the Sunday, but he also had tickets for the Monday. Ken got to go with Andrew to the game on the Monday. It was awesome. 
On Sunday, October 29th Ken made a yummy Thanksgiving Dinner and Mom and CJ came. Andrew unfortunately got sick, so we had dinner without him. I meant to take a picture at dinner but forgot. Mom keeps improving and healing well, but she's definitely tired.

I'm so thankful for CJ and the very good care he is taking of my Mom. It really sucks that she broke her wrist, but I'm so thankful that she's been healing so well! 


No comments: