This year was Alice's third time at YW's camp and it was Fiona's first time! I'm so grateful to Alice and for the awesome big sister that she is.
I took this picture of Alice and Fiona in front of the tent all set up at Campsite 2.
Carmen, the YWs president sent this to me of the bottle that Fiona made for Lauryn who wasn't able to come.Liz Pay sent me this one to me of the girls singing at the talent show on the first night.
These are Alice's photos that she took at camp and shared with me.
Wild turkey's are fun!
This was Fiona all ready for the pajama dance.
This is the pic I took of Alice and Fiona at the end of camp when I came to pick them up.
This was the ice cream place we had to go to on the way home. We were there earlier than the other car loads so didn't see the other girls. AND they had dairy free ice cream - I had a peach sorbet and it was lovely.
Thomas S. Monson Camp Facebook page is where the last two pics came from. The first is all of the girls from Oshawa Stake and the second is all of the girls from Pickering Ward that played in the Colour War.
What was your favourite meal?
Fiona - build your own pizza
Alice - build your own wrap
What was your favourite activity?
Fiona - the Faith walk, second favourite activity - swimming
Alice - the Faith walk, second favourite activity - camp fire time(not doing hair)
If you could change something about camp, what would you change?
Fiona - that they would have hot dog buns, that was traumatic. (They had croissant, burger buns and bread, but forgot hot dog buns!)
Alice - I would make is so that we’re not camping, I would be inside, not outside
What new friends did you make this year?
Fiona - Aimee and Bridget, they’re my besties, but I’m friends with everybody, I want to remember everybody.
Alice - Lillie from Lindsay, Dakota is pretty cool (Dakota and Makayla are twins).
What spiritual experiences did you have?
Fiona - the testimony meeting and Espy - we love Espy and we want to remember her.
Alice - I watched the sunset and that was pretty awesome because I was reading a talk - Dare to Stand Alone by Thomas S. Monson. The sunset was the end of the faith walk and then we had our testimony meeting and then we all cried. I feel like the stones in the glasses were pretty spiritual because it was like a lesson about the Brother of Jared about how they turned the stones to light, they wrote 16 things to do to strengthen their faith then we put in the stones and then a little battery operated tea light and we lit up the stones.
I'm so grateful to church leaders that give up their time to make awesome young women's camps for the youth. I'm so grateful that my girls felt the spirit and felt the love of their Heavenly Father. Oh and I'm grateful that sweet Fiona was brave enough to bear her testimony today. That was the perfect end to girls camp 2025!























No comments:
Post a Comment