Saturday, August 16, 2025

Alice goes to FSY

On Monday morning Ken took Alice, Ryan, Limengo and Alexia to the church parking lot to meet the bus for FSY. Alice wanted to go but had mixed emotions. The mystery of her roommate remained, and she was a little concerned about the length of time, six whole days! Why did it need to be six whole days! Ken and I told her she'd love it, we told her the time would pass quickly. I prayed she would have a good time and off she went!

I got a text from Alice at 2:30 in the afternoon letting me know that her roommate was River. I still get tingles thinking about it. God is good! River and Alice were in nursery together in Orangeville Ward. River and her family moved away to Thunder Bay. I'm not sure if it was before or after we moved to Ajax, but we both left the area. Two years ago when they were moving back to the area and River was going to the temple, I got a message from her mom Katie asking if we would go to the temple too as River only remembered Alice. We met up at the temple and had a lovely night. River and Alice are both a little quiet and I don't think either of them know very many people, so for them to be matched together was just beyond amazing!

Alice's pics from Monday



I sent Alice these pics from back in the day of nursery fun in Orangeville. And when I reached out to Katie to let her know that our girls were roommates we were both so excited. I sent some of the nursery pics I had sent to Alice to Katie and she told me that River still had the nursery book I made her! So fun! That made my heart happy.

Nursery pics from long ago 2014.






Alice's pic from Wednesday - the first selfie with River! 


Alice's pics from Friday

One of Alice's two leaders, Aveyanna.

Favourite speaker/class: My favourite class was Hear Him taught by Bro. Scott Davenport. 

Something spiritual that you learned that you want to remember: A tale of two tombs. Comparing things that are of the world with things that are of God. Jesus' tomb compared to King Tuts' tomb. A shroud vs riches. 

Favourite activity: Flex time (free time)

Anything else you really want to remember about this experience: The devotionals. 

No comments: