Watching your children grow and mature is such a gift. Kate has grown so much this past year. She has handled the transition from elementary student to high school student with more confidence than she gives herself credit for. She has worked so so hard this term, and she's joined in. She's been busy - Dungeon's and Dragons Club, Choir, Band, and Steel Pans!
On Sunday afternoon Mom and CJ stopped by for a brief visit to say Happy Birthday to Kate and goodbye. They're heading to South Carolina this week for a couple of months.
We gave Kate her big present on Sunday evening because she needs it for Monday. I sadly didn't get a pic after she opened it - oops. She couldn't fit everything into her backpack, so we bought her a new one, and it is the largest one you can get, that isn't for backpacking across Europe - or you know, wherever you might be traveling!
I tucked my 14 year old into bed for the last time. I like taking these night before pics. I don't always remember to take them but they make me happy when I do.

I like setting up the table and decorating after the kids go to bed. I started doing this during covid, and it's a fun tradition I've continued.
Half asleep opening presents. Kate was thrilled that she got to go back to school on her birthday. I was glad that she got up before I had to leave for work.
We went out for dinner at Il Fornello. We hadn't been there for years. They have a surprising amount of gluten free options, and vegan options. The menu was fun to peruse! Kate got a little gf dessert!
The finished cake! Kate's obsession is a video game called Genshin Impact. One day during the Christmas vacation I walked into Kate's room to say hi and she was fighting, or gathering a bunch of cabbages or something. They were really cute but she was really annoyed by the vast quantity. I thought they were hilarious. She was excited to never see them again! Which made me amused at the thought of Ken topping her cake with the loathsome but adorable cabbage. Kate was very amused!
Fiona desperately wanted to get Kate a present for her birthday, and she wanted it to be a sword. So we went to party city. Fiona wasn't excited about their offerings - she wanted more selection, but Kate seemed to like the sword that Fiona picked out, so Fiona was happy.
On our anniversary, Ken and I went to two cute paper stores downtown. We picked up this really cute paper pop up card of a unicorn and a rainbow for Kate.
Lots of birthday love for their sister!
A shot with the parents!
And Kate's former (insert sad face emoji) YWs president came by with a present. Nicole and I were both released yesterday.
KATE!!!
I hope your birthday made you feel loved and appreciated.
You are loved and appreciated!
Happy 15th Birthday.
Here's to another year of becoming more and more awesome!




.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
No comments:
Post a Comment