Saturday, January 08, 2022

A Teenager!

I think a Saturday birthday is perfect! It's like a gift in itself! We're in another kind of partial lockdown, (pandemic birthday #2) but the temple is open! We had an early start to the day, presents, breakfast, get ready and go!



We dropped off Alice and Fiona at the Penney's house and picked up Hannah and made our way to Brampton. Kate brought names that I had entered into familysearch from a family tree that was shared with me on ancestry.






Kate wanted Blizzards and french fries for lunch, so that's what we had - super healthy (definitely not) but very teenager appropriate!


Doug - her Sunday School teacher, and Nicole his wife and Kate's YW's president came by with a present. They kept their distance as they are both recovering from covid.


Kate requested a volcano cake - which Ken happily made for her. Ken made fondant and we each made our own dinosaur!
The lamest 1 and 3 ever, but it did the job?!

Uncle Andrew came over at some point in the afternoon and had take-out Boston Pizza dinner (since indoor dining is closed) with us and hung out for a bit. (Ken's almost finished his puzzle!)


As it is with all my kids birthdays, whenever they actually have the birthday it doesn't feel shocking because we've spent so much time anticipating the event! It just makes sense that Kate is 13 - she should be a teenager now. I've noticed a change in Kate the last few months, a settling, a maturing. I love my Katie-girl so very very much. I'm so happy that she was happy to go do baptisms at the temple on her birthday - and I'm so grateful that we could take her. I hope she had a great day today, and I hope that she knows how much she is loved!


No comments: