Wednesday, July 01, 2020

A 2020 Canada Day

Ken decided to work today since his company has a lot of American clients, and then he would take off Friday. The girls and I were going to have a pretty chill day, and go visit Grandma. The only thing I really wanted to do was take cute pictures of the girls in their Canada Day shirts. 

I figured we'd go down to the beach before it got crazy and take some pictures and have a bit of a walk. Well, I guess almost noon is not before the crazy, can you tell I'm not a morning person?! By noon it was nuts, there was no where to park anywhere. I had thought about making the girls walk to the lake, but it was really hot, and they weren't excited about taking pictures so we drove, and I'm so glad we did. We drove south on Pickering Beach and there were cars and people everywhere. We kept driving until we got to the end of Audley and to Lakeside Neighbourhood Park. 

We parked the car and walked down to the lake. There's a little bit of beach and we went to Alice's rock. There was thick green stinky algae everywhere. It was so gross and so stinky. The girls threw rocks into the algae to listen to the gross noises that went with the gross stink. Thankfully no one got any on themselves.

We left the beach and I wanted to walk a little more, but only Fiona wanted to walk with me. Kate and Alice left us to go find a tree to sit under, and Fiona and I took a few steps. In those few steps she walked out of her slides five times. So we decided to scrap the walk and go find the sisters. We did find them, and we sat under a tree for a few minutes. No one was particularly happy, but they were okay, until Alice noticed that Kate had sat in poop. Yep, poop. 

Lately when anything goes wrong it just fits because 2020 has been so full of so much awful. When you look for the good you find it, and there have been so many amazing moments in 2020 too, but today, all we could see (and smell) was poop.

Poor Kate rode home in her underwear, having taken off her shorts by the car. I felt so badly for her, it was so bad. SO BAD! We went home, she showered, I put laundry on a sanitize wash, and that was more or less the beginning and the end of our day.














I should add, that for all the poop, man am I ever grateful to live in Canada! I love this country!

No comments: