Saturday, April 18, 2020

Quarantine Week 5 - April 12 - April 18

Sunday April 12
My birthday!! I did a whole separate post.

Monday April 13
Today is a holiday for the girls and I which meant we all did a whole bunch of nothing! Ken worked. I read, I finished the book Lila that Zorana recommended. Movies were watched, food was eaten. It was overcast today, and it had rained in the morning. The afternoon was really windy, and consequently no one left the house! As I'm writing this it's after 10 p.m. and Ken is in the basement with the girls watching a Harry Potter movie and I'm doing some school work. Tomorrow it will be back to work - answering questions, coming up with content for me, and doing assignments for the girls.  AND!! It's back to Spirit Week fun. Heidi posted another week with a bit of prodding.

And for some reason I felt it was really important to take a pic of Fiona's new bunny Blueberry. This was the bunny given to her by Sis. Yates. I'm not sure if Blueberry is a boy or a girl, but Fiona sure loves Blueberry a lot! (I asked, Blueberry is a girl.)


Tuesday April 14th
I am not being a go-getter. I am feeling pretty unmotivated. I'm getting the things done that I need to, but that's about it, and I'm enjoying sleeping in. I've been waking up anywhere from 7:30 - 8:30, but I don't usually come downstairs until 9. I'm not sure how long I will keep doing this, but it's what I'm doing for now. I feel like pushing myself to do more, and then I don't. Conference was amazing, and I felt so excited for life on Sunday night, but now, the weirdness and dysfunction are back and I like hiding in my bed in the morning.

Fiona was devastated this morning when Blueberry lost an eye. She came crying, and I thought we should pray to know where to look, but then I felt that she needed to look by the couch downstairs - where she and her sisters were. She came back crying a few minutes later because her sisters wouldn't help her look. I went downstairs and found the eye. In the time it took me to get my sewing stuff organized, Fiona had lost the eye for good.
It was animal day today - spirit week. Fiona and Kate wore pandas on their clothing. Alice wore a narwhal shirt, dog socks, unicorn pants and a cat sweatshirt - and held all of the stuffies to go with her menagerie. 
At some point in the afternoon Fiona and I set out to find a replacement eye for Blueberry. I was pretty sure I had beads in a box somewhere. After finding the beads we took a walk down memory lane. I dug out the band shirt - well no band here - that was the acapella group that some of my guy friends created in high school.
I found a cute note in a walnut from Nicole. She wrote me so many cute notes!
Fiona wanted doll clothes! I dug out my old dresses and dolly dresses for her to have.

 I got a birthday card in the mail from Wendy Moorin! I love getting cards from my Auntie Wendy!!

We hadn't left the house all day, and I asked Fiona to go on a bike ride with me - but we left at like 7 at night. We rode all the way over to the "small" rock concert because I was so upset about not taking a pic last time. However, when we got there, my dumb phone wouldn't cooperate and I still don't have a pic!! ARGH! These pics are from the on the way back part, after I restarted my phone and found a warmer place to keep it... Fiona really is an excellent cycling companion. She was a little tired, and the ride home was a little fraught, but she did it!





Wednesday, April 15
It was master chef day today. I thought we should bake something, but I didn't want to bake anything, I wanted Ken to bake something with the girls... go figure that didn't happen. What did happen was lots of school work. Sharing devices, some kids needing help, the constant notifications... it fills the day and before you know it, the day is done!
I've been following Hello Kitty Chia pet - the fiance of one of my first cousins once removed on my dad's side - she's been posting Kitty on Instagram in her stories - and it makes me happy! I grabbed a screen shot to share.
No one left the house at all today, so we went for a short walk around the block at 7. I found it amusing that the girls were all wearing winter coats and Ken was wearing shorts.
We live on Hewitt, which is off Rollo drive. Ajax - the town is named after a battle ship from WWII. Many of the streets around the town are named after men who served on the HMS Ajax. I had never noticed this plaque by a tree on Rollo before and so I took a pic.
 One piece of Fiona's work from today.

Thursday, April 16th
When I came downstairs this morning this was the scene. There's been a lot of screen time in our house. I go back and forth and back and forth. Alice and Fiona take lots of breaks, and there are screen free activities, but Kate. She is sinking further and further. She is angry all the time and we don't know how to talk her down. She has moments of happy, but they are the exception, not the rule.
Today was throw-back Thursday. I thought it would be funny/cute if the girls wore some of my old shirts. Alice was not happy about the options. I should have had her wear the shirt I gave Kate, but I didn't... hindsight!

Fiona was cute with Coral today. She really wanted Coral to see the snow and it's been snowing off and on. Fiona got Coral all dressed up in winter clothes to go outside, but then it stopped snowing. Fiona was yelling at the sky, she was very upset.  I can't remember how long it took, but it started snowing again and Fiona joyfully took Coral outside to see the snow!
I was chatting with Suzanne today, and she was disappointed that I hadn't sent her proof about our Highland Dancing. So I dug my bronze medal out and took a pic and sent it. She was telling Matthew and the boys about the sword dance and the highland fling and they didn't believe her! I kind of wish we still had the wooden swords that our teacher made for us. They were awesome!
Friday, April 17th
Today was supposed to be Kindness day. It was not kindness day. I did manage to take these pics, but today was the end of a long week, made longer by a certain someone that was really grumpy. It was rough. Alice and Fiona made cute dresses for their dolls. Fiona got upset that Alice wanted her doll in the pic, so then Fiona wouldn't put her doll in the pic. Alice based her dress for her doll on Cinderella's dress in the live action movie.





Ken and I chatted last night about buying a trampoline. The smallest one - an eight foot trampoline, was on sale at Canadian Tire, and Ken was worried they would sell out. I did an online order at Canadian tire and when we got the call, Alice and Ken drove to Oshawa to buy a trampoline! It took them a really long time. Phone orders are not very well organized.

Alice and Fiona and I went for a short ride down to the beach.

Saturday, April 18th
Demolition day! Ken was committed!



I mostly stayed inside, and cleaned up my desk, and was kind of poking around not doing too much. After a busy week, it was nice!



Fiona was outside for most of the day with Ken, Alice too. Kate came and went a few times. And it was shortly after this pic that I made my way outside to do some helping. When we finally called it a night, the only thing left to do was finish attaching the net to the bottom of the springs. All the girls had a little bounce tonight. They are all so excited, and I'm so excited for them to have fun right in their backyard! Go Ken for making this happen for your girls, you are awesome and we are blessed to have you!

No comments: