Saturday, June 09, 2018

Fiona's Birthday Experience

Fiona chose a family outing instead of a party. She wanted to go to a fair. (Specifically the Beeton fall fair with Amelie and Marisol - so cute!) I have known about Woodbine Mall and Fantasy Fair for years, and we've always meant to go, but until today we'd never gone.

It's pretty cute. The store fronts that open onto the fair are really cute, I don't think I got a photo, but the area is fun. The place seems a little dirty/dusty in places - showing its age, but generally things seemed in good repair and looked cute. We bought a family pass - one adult and three kids and away we went.

The first "ride" was a giant play area. Alice didn't want to go, there might have been a few tears. So Alice and I went to stand in line for the Ferris Wheel, which turned into a ride for Alice, Kate and Fiona. Is was kind of cool. The Ferris Wheel went down to the first floor where there was this little jungle scene. I ran down on the escalator to get a cute photo.



Then it was the balloons, the "roller" coaster, the train, the carousel, the airplanes, the baskets, and then this air hopper thing that made Alice and Fiona cry.













And then it was time for the thing that I think Fiona wanted more than the rides... COTTON CANDY!
I think Fiona enjoyed her birthday outing... I think?! Anyway, next it was off to the Grandparents to celebrate with them. We had hot dogs - Fiona's request and pizza, and finished the celebration with cupcakes. Fiona was ecstactic to receive her birthday money.




I had to take a pic of Grandma waving goodbye. She always goes out the balcony to wave goodbye. I think Fiona has had a pretty great birthday - and she's still got birthday money to spend!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Love it , looks like lots of fun