Monday, February 19, 2018

Family Day

I love that Family Day is a thing. Who doesn't need a family day in February in Canada?!?! We had a really lovely long weekend.

Mom watched the girls on Saturday while Ken and I went to the temple. The girls had a fun visit and then we all went swimming. I should have brought the pjs and the tooth brushes - I should just always bring them! Watching Alice and Kate swimming is so great - they've really improved with their lessons. Thanks Mom for making it possible for Ken and I to go to the temple. We had a lovely time and saw lots of friends. (Terrible selfie, but it's fun because it's terrible!) Mom made Alice muffins and iced them. We sang happy birthday to Alice - birthday part one!

Sunday was church of course, and Alice was the special girl of the day because it is her birthday this coming week. We did boomwhackers during song time - I wrote out Happy Birthday and Alice happily conducted and we did it a few times and sang. Alice was also chosen to be the body for the lesson about our precious bodies and how grateful we should be and how we should take care of them. After church we watched Chitty Chitty Bang Bang as a family and it was so awesome - so long, but so good.


Today we worked together as a family to clean up the house a bit, and the girls were great. Everyone did something and really without complaint - so great! And then the Lim-Andersons came over and everything is always so great with the Lim-Andersons around. The kids play so well, the parents play so well. They were over for a few hours in the afternoon and it was perfect. After we had dinner we went to check out Chocolats Favoris and have dipped cones. Oh my. I should have gotten the baby size, not the small. The girls and I then watched the pilot to Little House on the Prairie while Ken did some work. It was a lovely end to a lovely weekend. I love my family. Life is good.







No comments: