I think Alice's generosity in all things is well demonstrated in the conversation that we had about choosing where she wanted to eat on her birthday. She at first chose Swiss Chalet because she knows that Kate loves it there. Then she wanted to go where Fiona wanted to go. We kept telling her that this was her birthday and she needed to make her choice.
She finally settled on Lone Star. We met Ken in Whitby and had a funny/silly dinner.
After dinner Alice wanted to go to get all of the supplies we needed for her party. We went to Bulkbarn, Shoppers and Dollarama, and by the time we were done it was too late to sing Happy Birthday and eat cupcakes - I suppose she was sung to at Lone Star - so that was good!
This meant that birthday fun was carried over to Thursday. We went to our swimming lessons, had subs, and then went back to the girls school for Scientist in the Schools, and then we came home for cupcakes. It was a bit too much for one night, and we weren't all in good spirits, and I might not have given Kate her cupcake very nicely. It might not have been nice at all...
We did have fun at the school. And the cupcakes were yummy. And because it didn't go quite so well we had take two Friday after school. Alls well that ends well? Or maybe I need to not plan too many things on one night? Or maybe birthdays are just crazy and I need to be calmer? Learning. Life is about learning. I think I'll be learning about patience forever! And Alice's birthday fun continues for one more day - party day tomorrow!















No comments:
Post a Comment