Friday, December 29, 2017

15

The timeline of what happened when is something I'm not entirely sure about. At some point Suzanne decided she was coming up at Christmas. At some point I asked her if she would watch our kids for the night on our anniversary - she said yes. At some point after many, many, many interrupted conversations we picked a place to go. And after much anticipation our anniversary finally arrived.

15. Fifteen years. It seems like a lifetime. It seems both like a really long time and also not representative of how long I've actually loved Ken. We met in the fall of 2001, we started dating in February 2002 and got married in December of that year, so it really doesn't go much beyond the fifteen year anniversary, but there is something about being sealed to someone, and working towards the blessings of that sealing that makes it seem like you're already living forever, in the best sense.

On Wednesday night we put the kids to bed and went to see the new Star Wars movie - The Last Jedi, with Andrew, Matthew, Isaac, Joey and Thomas. It felt like our anniversary started a day early. Ken went to work Thursday morning and Suzanne watched the girls while I went and did a little shopping.

Ken and I finally set off around 3 for the Woodlawn Inn in Cobourg. The only time we've had a night away from the kids has been to have another kid... and that is not the same as an anniversary!

The Inn was lovely. We had lovely food and lovely time together. We took our time coming home on Friday stopping at Tyrone Mills in Bowmanville, and the Oshawa Centre along the way. I feel so very happy and peaceful. I am so thankful for my marriage, for Ken and who he is. He is such an amazing partner. I'm so thankful for the opportunity to create so many happy memories with my love.












No comments: