Sunday, October 23, 2016

The Weekend

I love it when Fiona wakes up on a Saturday and sees me in the morning and with excited glee says "Is it the weekend?" I really fully now understand the sentiment "I live for weekends". I love the time with my family above all else.

This weekend we planned to take the kids to see Mary Poppins. The Oshawa Stake has mounted a production and with free tickets, and Ken's boss Adrian in one of the lead roles, it sounded like a fun idea.

Alice sat on Ken's knee through the first act. She couldn't see. Fiona sat, stood, crawled, stood, sat, and moved on and around me the entire time. Kate enjoyed it, Alice sort of, and Fiona, I'm not sure. I'm not sure why I thought it would be a good idea. I should have just sent Kate and Ken. Hindsight!

I feel myself being so impatient with my children all the time. I feel like we're in a weird place. I'm not sure how to quite explain it. Perhaps it doesn't need to be explained. Children are a lot. I just keep feeling drained by everything, children included. How do I change this? I'm not sure.

After the squirm fest of the musical we went to Hollywood Cone in Oshawa. I was really excited to go. The experience sadly didn't live up to my expectations. I really expected an extraordinary taste experience, and it wasn't that. It was soft serve, so fine, dress it up. I ordered a Reese Peanut Butter Cup sundae with chocolate soft serve. It was just okay. Definitely not worth the calories.

Next up McDonald's play place, then home, baths, bedtime. I need to get more than six hours sleep a night so I stop feeling so annoyed by my children. It was a good day... mostly.  This is a kind of a bummer of a post. It is a true accounting of the happenings but it kind of makes me sad that I feel so annoyed by my kids. Now to get through the rest of Sunday. I love them, really I do. I'm grateful for them, really I am.

Kate got a rootbeer float.
Alice got a Cotton Candy Sundae.
So did Fiona.
I look tired. My ice cream looks like a mountain.
Ken got the Ferrero Rocher Banana Split.



No comments: