Saturday, October 15, 2016

The Move

I do not doubt for a minute that we are where we are supposed to be, and that is so comforting. I'm not engaged in what ifs and why nots. But that doesn't make this move easy.  I knew this year of driving would be hard, but sometimes I think I severely underestimated how hard it would be. We are mid October and I am sad and tired. My temper is so short and I feel like a failure most of the time. I have no energy to do anything after spending two hours driving home and picking up three girls in three different places at the end of the work day. It feels like too much.

But then I drive down to the lake, or today, I walk down. I breathe. I feel calm. The water, the beauty of this world rejuvenates and lifts me and I know the sacrifices I'm making this year are good and right and if I just remember to access the atonement I will find the comfort I'm looking for.


1 comment:

Unknown said...

You do live in a beautiful place for sure. We know this is a tough year for you, we wish we could help out. You are doing a great job. You are wonderful parents.Love you all so much xxxx