When I called Ken - one of the times I called Ken after school to check in, he informed me that there was a power failure. We decided to meet in Nobleton at the Cappuccino Cafe for dinner - they have excellent wood fire pizza that I had once before on my birthday. We had a fun dinner, the food is so good, we had a couple treats and it was just fun. Next was a quick shopping trip to No Frills and then home. The power still wasn't on so we read books and played board games - Guess Who and Battleship. Fiona fell asleep during the reading of books. We saw a rainbow on the drive home. There was a thunderstorm by candle light, except that it was still light out. It was just kind of a magical family night. And there was Kate cuteness.
Number one: Kate told me about her sadness chamber in her Minecraft house. It has a birch door so you can't see out, and bedrock everywhere, and a clock. And when you feel sad you just go there and no one will bother you.
Number two: She was telling me about something and she said I don't know how to say the word in English. It almost made me cry. (The French thing is really going well. It means so much to me for my children not to be uni-lingual. Canadians shouldn't be uni-lingual. I wish I wasn't!) It was so awesome, I told her to say the word in French which was explique, which I knew meant explain. Seriously, I was so happy.
There was one other bit of Kate cuteness but I can't remember it now. Maybe it will come to me later. I had a fun night enjoying my family. Sometimes there are so many things to do I kind of ignore everyone. That was not the case tonight and it was lovely!
No comments:
Post a Comment