Last year when it was primary presentation time Alice didn't want to give a talk or read a scripture. She wanted to sing and that was it. She and Kate are very different and that is good and great and as it should be but I would be lying if I didn't admit that I was a little disappointed.
Alice is figuring things out for herself at her own speed. Her reading is progressing really nicely and I'm so proud of her. Last week in church - or maybe two weeks ago, she was very sad because she wanted to speak in primary and she wasn't being asked.
Sis. Downie is the primary secretary and I asked her if Alice could speak and she was excited. She often finds it difficult to find kids to speak in junior primary.
We practiced all week. Alice did great. She could read her whole talk. She helped write a little bit of it. She was ready.
Today when she stepped up to the microphone she was asked if she needed help and she said yes. Then the sweet YW who was helping in primary (because all the women were released to go to the chapel for a special meeting) read Alice's talk one line at a time for Alice to repeat. I was so sad. Alice could do it she could read it on her own. But really, she did do it. She stood up in front of all the kids and teachers and said her talk. I'm so proud of my girl!

No comments:
Post a Comment