Sunday, February 07, 2016

A Perfect Sunday

A perfect Sunday has to include church.  The uplift, the spiritual nourishment, the friendships, and today it was hearing beautiful testimonies of Jesus Christ.  It was the first Sunday of the month so that meant fast and testimony meeting.  The opening hymn was I Believe in Christ, and it seemed to set the tone for the rest of the meeting.  It was a beautiful sacrament meeting.

After church getting the monkeys out of the building isn't always easy.  Today it was hiding under tables and posing for cute pictures.
Fiona woke up really early this morning and went to bed late, so she fell asleep on the way to church.  This meant that she slept all through sacrament meeting.  This meant that she wouldn't sleep again later.  This meant that we could go on an afternoon walk.  We've been having such a weird warm winter.  Ken and I wanted to walk this trail that we've driven past lots of times, Kate wanted to go find the seedling.  We decided to do both.

Our first stop was the Simcoe forests just north of Highway 9.  We planted the seedling Kate was given in SK on earth day in April, and meant to go back and water it and check on it, but we never did.  I printed off a picture of it so we could try and find it.
Well, after comparing the picture and knowing the general area where we planted, we think we found our seedling and the little thing was thriving!


Next we piled back in the van and drove over to Mount Wolfe Road, just south of Highway 9 and a little bit west of Tottenham Road.  The trail.  Hmm. I think when the girls are older they might enjoy a trail, but I think for now we should stick with forests.  The girls didn't want to walk very far, and we could see the van the whole time and I think this was strange for them.  We still had a fun walk.  The trail rain along side the train tracks and when a train was coming we walked up the embankment to see it.






I was so happy today.  Church, nature, family.  Perfection!  (Oh and a train!)  I love my family.  I'm so thankful for all of my many blessings!

No comments: