The drive down was our best yet. Fiona was so good. She fussed a little, the girls fussed a little, but generally it was so good. We were all really excited, the roads were amazing and the day went by at a good pace. We left our house at 10:30 and got to Suzanne and Matthew's right around 10. We were introduced to Zeus and everyone visited for a little, but really, it was bedtime!
Sunday - church and then a nice quiet afternoon. I did take one picture - well two. Kate, the mouth unicorn. It was good that I did, as the unicorn look didn't last the week!
Monday - Anniversary and Star Wars. The plan changed a few times. The boys were going to see Star Wars in the morning, the girls in the afternoon, Ken and I would go out for dinner. Eventually it turned into Kate, Anna, Ken, Matthew, Joseph, and Thomas going to see Star Wars in the morning. Suzanne, Fiona, Alice and I went shopping at Target. Fiona fell asleep on the way home, and then it was decided that Ken and I would go see Star Wars, and then go out for dinner. It still makes me giggle that Ken saw Star Wars twice in one day! Episode 7 - The Force Awakens was awesome. I really enjoyed it. I think it was more or less exactly what I wanted it to be. Afterward we went to dinner at Outback. Ken and I used to frequent Outback Steakhouse many years ago. I just checked the website - they operated in Ontario from 1996 - 2009. I think that's probably why I don't remember the exit - I was busy with baby Kate! I know the location on York Mills that we used to go to closing, but then they were all gone. Anyway, we enjoyed our blooming onion and our steak, a lot! YUM! Thirteen years married to my love. Each year gets better and better. I am so grateful for my sweet Ken!
Zeus. The kids are already telling Suzanne that Zeus likes me better. He seems to like Ken too!
Tuesday - Launch and Pepe's Pizza. Suzanne asked me if I wanted to jump. This to me was a strange question. I just thought everyone would jump. Nope. Suzanne, Matthew, Ken, they didn't jump. Joey, Thomas, Anna, Kate, Alice, Fiona and I jumped. And it was FUN! Fiona and I were supposed to jump for an hour. The rest of the kids for an hour and a half. We got there a little late (you buy a launch time) and then we had to fill out waivers. Joey was freaking out a little bit and the attendant told him not to worry, she'd give him extra time. We all ended up jumping for TWO HOURS! It was long, for my kids a little too long, but we all had a GREAT time! Joey and Thomas are incredible, with their double flips. It was fun to watch them. Fiona and I found our own little corners and jumped to our hearts content. Alice, Kate and Anna too.
After we jumped we went to a pizza place - YUM! The pizza was really, really good. It was called Pepe's - it is well known and highly rated for their "coal-fired pies".
Wednesday - We talked about going out, but then we didn't. There was a weather system that moved through late Monday night and into Tuesday morning. It left a thin layer of icy snow, and this was perfect for some backyard tobogganing. I didn't stay out for very long, but Ken and Suzanne were troopers staying out with the kids for over an hour.
At some point in the day Kate lost her tooth. I think it was in the morning. There was some sort of scuffle between Kate and Ken on the couch. Kicking, some scratching, some screaming, some mouth covering, and pop, the tooth was gone. YAY! Kate decided that she wanted to bring it home so as not to confuse Agatha - her tooth fairy.
Thursday - New Year's Eve and Kidcity. But before the outing, there was art.
Suzanne had talked about this place Kidcity and we had thought about going yesterday, but went today instead. It was half an hour away in Middletown, Connecticut. It is a Museum for kids eight and under. There were lots of different rooms and each one had a theme. Although, I'm not sure what the theme of the first room was exactly? There was a car, and a sort of kitchen, and a sheriff's office, a flying saucer, a cave... seriously, what was the theme? Not to mention these tubes that you put balls in that then came down a series of ramps, and pigs that just blew air out and kept balls in the air?! There was also a farm area, a fish market, a diner, a medieval castle, a dress-up area, a jungle/musical instrument room, and a little cabin that Fiona and I didn't see. My favourite part was the basement - the toddler area for 2 and under. When Fiona and I finally went downstairs to check it out we were the only ones there! We had fun playing and then a little bit later Suzanne, Ken and the girls found us. We all hung out in the basement for maybe ten minutes as it was closing time. It was really fun!
Suzanne had talked about this place Kidcity and we had thought about going yesterday, but went today instead. It was half an hour away in Middletown, Connecticut. It is a Museum for kids eight and under. There were lots of different rooms and each one had a theme. Although, I'm not sure what the theme of the first room was exactly? There was a car, and a sort of kitchen, and a sheriff's office, a flying saucer, a cave... seriously, what was the theme? Not to mention these tubes that you put balls in that then came down a series of ramps, and pigs that just blew air out and kept balls in the air?! There was also a farm area, a fish market, a diner, a medieval castle, a dress-up area, a jungle/musical instrument room, and a little cabin that Fiona and I didn't see. My favourite part was the basement - the toddler area for 2 and under. When Fiona and I finally went downstairs to check it out we were the only ones there! We had fun playing and then a little bit later Suzanne, Ken and the girls found us. We all hung out in the basement for maybe ten minutes as it was closing time. It was really fun!
Zeus - I took some pics of Fiona and Zeus today. I wasn't terribly worried because Zeus is a small dog, but I was a little concerned about how it would go staying for a week in a house with a dog. Fiona did great, she loved Zeus, and Alice got better about tolerating him. It was fun hanging out with a dog for a week.
Matthew had taken the boys to the church to play basketball, and by the time we got home they were heading out to watch a football game. Suzanne planned appetizers for our "appy" new year - YUM! The girls watched a movie in the basement - Song of the Sea, and Suzanne, Ken and I watched a documentary "Meet the Patels". It was okay, but a little disappointing. When the girls were finished their movie we watched a few of the countdowns on Netflix, ate some more, the girls danced, and then eventually it was bedtime. Suzanne and I watched a few episodes of a T.V. show, Jane the Virgin, and eventually Suzanne, Matthew, Ken and I played a game. We lost - Ken and I, but only by five points, so that didn't feel too bad, especially considering the bias towards American history and culture.
Friday - And scene. Done. Sad. I'm so, so glad that we could make the trip. That the weather was good, that everyone was healthy. That we had so much fun together. So much fun. Family is the best. I am thankful for the gift my sister is to me. I am thankful for our relationship. For the relationships that are developing between our children. Until the summer my sister! Bye bye Bateses!
(Oh and just a word about the trip home. Driving home is good, it is good to go home, but it was not the joyful trip down. The kids were a little more on edge, heck, we all were. We left South Windsor, Connecticut about 10:00 a.m. and got into Tottenham about 9:30 p.m.)









No comments:
Post a Comment