Sunday, April 05, 2015

Easter

Easter and General Conference in the same weekend... I don't always appreciate when General Conference overlaps with a long weekend, but this year without any travel plans, it was nice.

All week we've been reading about Holy Week.  A few weeks ago when we started talking about Easter I asked Kate about the real meaning of Easter - this was after she had been talking about "The Bunny".  She didn't know.  I thought oh dear.  I know we've talked about Jesus suffering in Gethsemane, dying on the cross and getting resurrected, but she didn't know that this was Easter.  Not long ago - a week maybe, a friend shared a link of a blog about Holy Week activities.  I thought this would be a wonderful thing do, and it has been, perhaps for me more than Kate and Alice.

On Friday morning Kate and I read several chapters out of the New Testament Stories.  We talked about the pictures and the scriptures a little every day.  We kept talking about "two thousand years ago", it was a really great experience.

Friday - not long before lunch, we decided to head up to Alliston to the "sun" park.  We had lots of fun.  It was really beautiful out.  Ken decided to take a break from working and came with us.  After the park we went to lunch at Harvey's.













When we got back after the park, Fiona was asleep.  This in my mind made it the perfect time to decorate eggs.  And it was.  Kate, Alice and I had fun decorating!




We've typically done our Easter Egg hunt on Saturday.  Saturday is kind of the nothing day, so I figure it's a good day to do the hunt.  We talked about going to a farm, as we have done a few times, but we didn't.  The girls had fun hunting for eggs in the basement, and of course much fun was had by all, eating way too much chocolate!







Then before you know it, it's noon and it's time for conference.  We had lunch in the basement and the girls - bingo cards in hand, settled in to watch conference.  I had activity booklets for them and we set up the table.  This session's bingo incentive was LPS toys.  I bought a bunch second hand and thought I'd use them as rewards.  Man oh man, did Kate and Alice (mostly Kate) ever love that!  Kate wanted to watch every single session because she wanted to keep getting more LPS.  I'm not sure exactly how I feel about bribery?


We went out between session on Saturday.  The girls went to the park with Ken, I went to pick up a loaf of bread.  By the time I came back from the grocery store the girls were done. We heard the train, so we decided to chase the bunny express.  We managed to find it and took some fun pics.  I've always wanted to take two trains at the same time, and success!  So fun!

Saturday night Ken went to the priesthood session.  The girls and I had frozen pizza - Fiona hadn't napped so she went to bed just before eight.  It was a semi-crazy night, but good.

Today was very laid back.  We didn't go out.  We watched conference.  We ate more chocolate.  I really enjoyed conference.  I always do.  I am disappointed with myself that I didn't ever make my conference reminder page last time.  I want to finish that this week, or maybe next week, seeing that this week is busy!  Tomorrow is Mom's birthday, Fiona is 22 months, and another day off school for Kate.  Let the fun continue!

Oh, and here's our basket of eggs.
And here's the picture of the Holy Week wall.








No comments: