Saturday, November 22, 2014

The ROM

Teacher day at the ROM, what could be better?  Sharing teacher day with the Lim-Andersons that's what!  (And getting to meet sweet Hazel!) When I checked in at the desk and I was asked about the last time I brought a class on a trip to the ROM, I must say, I felt a little guilty... I have gone on field trips to the ROM, but ten years ago?!  Heck, I'm still on leave, but I have the all important OCT card, so I'm in.  We only had to pay for Kate, and we had $4 off her admission, which meant we paid a total of $11 for all of us to go to the ROM - AWESOME!
Once we got our tickets and went in we had a fun surprise - Discovery Corners.  These are theme days geared at entertaining families.  There were costumes, art activities, live birds, snakes - it was great.  All of this was in the area on the main floor just beyond the entrance in Samuel Hall.









Then we were off to the bat cave - I think this is Holden's favourite.  It is not however Alice's favourite!  Poor thing ran screaming from the bat cave at least once, maybe twice.  The kids all had lots of fun playing, touching, exploring, reading... the kids area at the ROM is awesome.









Then it was dinosaur time.  Alice has been doing dinosaur themed stuff at pre-school, so she was pretty excited to see the dinosaurs today.  Fiona thought the rope barriers were a joke, and Kate loved talking to the museum staff.






Emily wanted to go to Egypt and see some Mummies.  So we did.  I must say, I've never been all that keen on ancient Egypt, but listening to Emily explain things to the kids, I was intrigued. 


By this point we were all done, so we made our ways to our cars and we drove to Emily and Jinx's place.  We had hot dogs and hamburgers and the kids played.  Emily took some pictures, we laughed and generally enjoyed ourselves.  Good friends are such a blessing in life.  Such a blessing.  




No comments: