First up, pancake breakfast at Kate's school. It was a meet Santa Claus, buy Christmas presents with pancakes served by the local hockey team. It was actually really great. I was worried it would be too crowded and crazy, but it really was great.
After that we hung out at the house for a few hours waiting for Marisol's party. The girls had to choose between being in the Tottenham Santa Claus parade and a party at Bizzy Bees. (Kate could have been on the float with the choir, and Alice could have been on the bus with her Pre-School.) They went back and forth a few times, but in the end, Bizzy Bees and Marisol won out! Ken stayed home to get some work done, and I took the girls.
Then it was back home, drop off the girls and off I went to Woodbridge. A teacher friend was having a jewellery party in her home. I wanted to go, I was thinking that I wanted to get Kate and Alice lockets for Christmas. I had fun with my teacher friends, and I had a wrestle about money and age appropriate gifts on the way home - after buying lockets, that I then decided not too. It is always weird to spend time with work friends when I'm off. I enjoy seeing them, but it makes me feel slightly crazy. I want to pretend I'm never going back to work.
Today was a fun day.
No comments:
Post a Comment