Sunday, April 06, 2014

A Fun Sunday

April 6th, so many reasons for this to be a fun day.  (Fiona was the first priority - she's 10 months old today.)  This is also the day that the Church of Jesus Christ was restored on the earth in 1830.  It is also the day that we believe Jesus was actually born.  It is also General Conference weekend.  AND last, but not least it is my Mama's birthday.  Mom turned 68 today.  So weird to think that in two years she'll be 70!

The plan was that we would all get together next Saturday for a joint birthday celebration on my birthday.  General Conference means many hours of church meetings - 8 for the women, 10 for the men.  (The women have their special women's meeting the week before, so they get ten too!)  I didn't think that we would see Mom today.  However, it was beautiful out today, and Mom decided that she really wanted to go for a drive.

We all visited on the porch and gave Mom/Grandma her gift and cards.  Mom actually asked for her wedding album to be repaired.  Instead of repairing the old one - wasn't sure how to do that, I found a new one on ebay.  The siblings all agreed to go in on it with me and Mom and Dad were very excited to look at it today.

What to say more?  I'm grateful for the home I grew up in, for the parents who raised me.  I'm grateful for the lessons I was taught.  I'm grateful I was raised to know Jesus Christ and to love music.  There are so many other things, but those two things are the most important to me, and I feel they are gifts from my Mother.  Happy Birthday Mama!  (Blogging about General Conference will have to wait until another day.)














No comments: