Saturday, November 02, 2013

A trip to Niagara Falls... sort of!

I've been obsessing about our outfits for our family picture shoot which is coming up in two weeks.  Obsessing so much that I called my bbf in Seneca Falls, New York and asked her to go to the Gymboree outlet and look at the wool coats.  She happily went the very next day, as she'd been meaning to go for a few weeks.  The mission, find a coat for Kate.  Instead Heidi picked up three darling hats.  The plan was for her to mail them to me... then she came up with a new plan.

We planned to meet in Niagara Falls on Saturday.  It's almost half way between us... slightly longer for her.  All week I looked at the weather forecast and thought, still rain, that doesn't work... I kept hoping the forecast would change, but it didn't. 

Saturday arrived wet and cold.  We drove out anyway.  We drove past the falls and oohed and awed.  We found Heidi and her ladies.  We still didn't have a plan as to what we were going to do.  So, what do you do on a wet, rainy, cold November Saturday in Niagara Falls, Canada?  You go to Walmart, Bulkbarn and Dollarama of course.

It was silly and fun and wonderful.  It made my sweet friend seem not so very far away.   



No comments: