1 steam train + 4 three year-olds + fall colours + potluck lunch = ONE FUN DAY!!
South Simcoe Railway which operates all summer on Sundays and Mondays has Fall Colour Excursions on Saturdays and Sundays in September and October. This marks the third time Ken and I have been on the Excursion, the second for Kate and the first time for Alice. We thought we'd invite a few friends and make it a party, and so it was. We had the first four compartments in the second train. It was a beautiful day. I must admit, that although the script for the tour hasn't changed since the first time I heard it, I still find it enjoyable!
Alice and Ken
Kate
Shawn and Cooper
The Plumb Family
Kate and Ciaran
Kate and Ciaran and Cooper. (I'm mad at myself that I didn't get one with Ava too.)
Alice
Happy Zorana
Kate checking out the scenery.
Kate looking very concerned as the Conductor told the story of the ghost train. (This was the talk for the rest of the afternoon with the four year-olds, ghosts and zombies too)
Ruth and Jasmine
Alice licking the window and me letting her.
Going under the train trestle bridge.
Cooper and Shawn
The Conductor
Jason and Ciaran
Zorana and the four year-olds.
The McCartney family and the steam train.
The Plumb Family and the steam train.
The Tiesma Family and the steam train.
Thanks everyone for a lovely, lovely day!!
1 comment:
Fun times!
Post a Comment