Wednesday, October 31, 2012

All Things Halloween!

Our first bit of Halloween celebrating was with the Tokarev's on the 27th.  Michelle, Alexei, Marisol and Amelie all came over and we had brunch and the girls played.  The girls were all dressed up.  Sadly I didn't take a picture of Alice and Amelie but I did get some cute ones of Kate and Marisol.  I love that our girls are the same age and that they get along so well.  YAY!


Later that day we drove to Richmond Hill and went to a Plumb Party!  The Plumbs are warm and fun and we love going to parties at their house.  After a yummy potluck dinner we played a big game of TABOO - men vs. women.  It was so much fun.  Last year our family did Peter Pan, this year, Snow White!  I took this picture of Snow White and Dopey before we left.
This picture was taken by Ruth right before we left.  Dopey is no longer all smiles.  I kind of wish we'd taken one when we first got there.  Oh well, we're still pretty cute.  And just in case you don't know, I'm the wicked Queen, Alice is Dopey Dwarf, Kate is Snow White and Ken is the Mirror - sans make-up.  We decided the make-up (face paint) would be more trouble than it was worth.

Our next bit of Halloween fun - was on the 30th.  I was the duty Mom at Kate's preschool.  Kate and I went as the wicked Queen and Snow White and I brought my camera with the BEST of intentions... however the camera stayed on the teacher's desk the whole time, oh well!

This brings us to Halloween Day.  Antoinette, our care-giver extraordinaire took the girls Trick-or-Treating at the Cookstown Mall.  The girls had a BLAST!






Ken got home from North Carolina in the wee hours of the morning on Halloween.  He'd been gone since Sunday and we never did get around to carving pumpkins before he left, so we carved pumpkins when I got home from work. 
Then it was CANDY TIME!! Alice was so all over it.  It was too cute.  We only went to a few houses quite close to our own home, but I swear Alice could have gone for hours.  She wouldn't even let me carry her pumpkin bucket, she was so determined (as always!).  Both the girls really had lots of fun.  Halloween really is such a fun holiday!






No comments: