Saturday, June 23, 2012

The Trip to the Distillery and the Market that DIDN'T happen on my birthday!

A few years ago we started a tradition of going to the St. Lawrence Market and the Distillery District on my birthday.  It has been interrupted by the little people but this year I interrupted it myself.  It was cold(ish), or at least it is often quite cool when we go in April and I thought let's push the trip into warmer weather.  We did have a fun trip today, but there were so many people everywhere.  I think perhaps that going in April is a good thing - let's see what happens next year?!

So, we made a very late start to the day... but we did finally leave the house!  (Obviously) We drove to Downsview station because it is a wheelchair accessible station which means we can take the stroller in the elevator.  We decided to take just the single stroller and carry/cajole whichever girlie would be walking!  Alice and Kate enjoyed the subway ride.  Someday I'll stop taking pictures when we ride the subway, maybe.  At least Ken was only moderately embarrassed.

Oh and word to the wise - bring cash on the subway... we didn't have cash so the dude let us go on without paying - knowing we'd have to pay on the other end.  We got off the train at Union - walked up to TD, got cash, Ken went into the King station to buy a family day pass so that we could take the street car across King and of course the subway north again!

We went to the distillery first.  We walked around a little, had some food and bought some chocolate.
And what do you do when the 3 year old won't eat the yummy sandwich you bought her?  You buy a box of Gorilla Munch cereal and a box of baggies and give her dry cereal. 
And this one got fed some yummy berries.
On our way to the St. Lawrence Market we stopped at a fountain.
And we stopped at a fun little park.

We finished our day with a quick in and out at the market to get mustard.  I'm not sure that we bought enough to last a year though.  We then walked back to Union Station and took the subway back to Downsview.  It was a fun day.  I love my little family. (Next year I think I'll push for the April trip because I missed the cupcakes!  I suppose we could have gotten cupcakes anyway... but we didn't.)

No comments: