Sunday, June 17, 2012

The Day of Dad

Next year I really need to do better.  Really.  We had a fun, busy day yesterday.  Today I had to write a talk, that's right today.  I started writing it yesterday but I didn't have much.  I suppose I had some framing of ideas done, but that was it.

Our Happy Father's Day tribute to Ken started with him making breakfast with Kate.  He played with his girls ALL morning while I wrote my talk.  He made lunch/snacks for church.  He drove to church.  He had to look after the girls during church when I gave my talk - had to carry out Alice when she started screaming during my talk.  We came home and he cooked dinner.  My contribution - I bought cupcakes which I think he ate to be polite.  (I like grocery store cupcakes, but I don't really have discerning taste buds.) 

During my talk I wanted to speak about Ken - which I did a little, but I didn't really.  If I would have spoken about him I would have ended up bragging which really wasn't the point of my speaking.  This is what I wanted to say about Ken.

When we were dating I thought about Ken as a Dad.  I assumed he'd be a good father because he was such an attentive, caring, selfless person.  He loved me and took care of me, but it's more than that.  We've always been such good partners and I hoped the qualities that I loved about him would make him a great Dad. 

Ken is such a great Dad.  He loves his daughters unconditionally.  He plays with them, he teaches them, he reads to them.  I am so grateful to him.  I am grateful that he works so hard to make all of us so happy.  Kate and Alice are so blessed to have Ken for a Dad.  I love my sweet Ken.

Happy Father's Day!


1 comment:

Suzanne said...

Ken is a sweet dad. I'm so glad you found him!