Thursday, September 10, 2009

GO!

Today we went to a taping of a radio show called GO! on CBC radio one. I was nervous about taking Kate but was assured that babies had been audience members in the past. The show was dedicated to Tribute Bands. It was a fun show and Kate was very well behaved. She enjoyed the lights, the noise and the music. The show will air this Saturday at 10:30 a.m. The cool thing is if you go here you can hear the show.



















This is Kate and the host Brent Bambury, her first photo with a celebrity!




















This is Kate with "Contest" Nana.




















And here is Kate with Tina Turner a.k.a. Sonia Ndongmo-Elliot, the reason we went to the show in the first place. Sonia was the closing act of the show and she stole the show - as always. I kept thinking it's just too bad this is radio. She is such an amazing performer. She knows how to entertain the audience. Everyone came out to see her - the featured band Cuff the Duke, most of the technical guys in the booth, even Brent Bambury stood up and moved away from his desk so he could watch her. So fun! Sonia is Simply the Best.

1 comment:

jenjakob said...

I just happened to have listened to this show while I was driving to a RS activity. I heard some of the material but missed Sonia. I love GO. I think Brent Bambury is pretty clever too. Good show!