Monday started out with a visit to Ruth Plumb. I took the scenic route through Kettleby and then south on Keele, determined to have a beautiful drive to accompany such significant event. I even phoned Ken but there were still 42 kms to go. I had my camera at the ready to capture the historic instant, but as I got closer to Ruth's I realized it wouldn't occur quite yet.
After a lovely lunch and visit I travelled on to my Mom and Dad's, camera still at the ready. This picture was taken two kilometres from their house. Can you feel the excitement?

This is the street we were driving on, Green Lane, just west of Leslie.

Kate was in the back seat, so excited... however you can't see her face in the rearview mirror, just the camera, sad... but I was driving... I mean the photographer was terrible!

Here I am, can't you just see the enthusiasm bursting out of me?

It was 2:11 p.m.

TA DA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

**Back in 2002, at the end of another fun date with Ken I noticed that the odometer was at 99,960 km. We both thought it would be fun to drive around until we hit 100,000. Forty kilmetres isn't far we thought, and that is true, however forty kilometres is far when you are in Friday evening traffic, downtown Toronto. To be fair it wasn't rush hour, but it was cruising hour. We drove and we drove, we didn't know where to go and the kilometres slowly turned. I don't even remember where we were when we finally got to 100,000 but I do know that our patience was wearing thin and the fun was gone and it was just mostly stupid! Now 200,000 kilometres later I was driving around the country side (near our house that we own - well mostly the bank owns it but you know) with our daughter. I love you Ken. Here's to the next 200,000 kilometres, I love sharing the road with you!
No comments:
Post a Comment