Ontario Place has, for the third year in a row, been host to the Chinese Lantern Festival. We've gone the last two years, and we've blogged about it. We weren't going to go this year as it is expensive and we figured we would take a year off. At school on Friday I had a conversation with Lisa Boyd, the teacher I share a homeroom with (this year I'm Boyd-Bacon). In the course of the conversation she offered me two tickets that she had won to the Lantern Festival. I tried to convince her to go, but I didn't need to, she had won four tickets and well, she didn't really want to go anyway. I happily relieved her of two of the tickets and yippee skippy Ken and I were able to enjoy the Lantern Festival for a third year in a row - for free!!
This year's theme was a world theme. The were landmarks - the Eiffel Tower and the Statue of Liberty, and there were animals from around the world. Canada was represented by raccoons that were taking over a house. It was a beautiful evening down by the lake. Here are a few of my favourite pictures. The rest are in an album on our picasa site. (Click on Ken and Wendy's photos... if you want to!)

Wendy and Ken - self portrait.

A pagoda made of cups, saucers and spoons.

The Eiffel Tower.

ANIMALS!!
2 comments:
Wow, that looks so cool! My kids would love it!
The Lantern Festival is the one thing I wish we would've done while we were there! The pictures are great, but I know it's even cooler in person!
Post a Comment