Friday, August 03, 2007

A Week for Saying Goodbye















I started the week saying goodbye to Sumin. We have been George Bacon for the last two years. Let me explain. Sumin and I have shared a homeroom class at Blue Willow P.S. for the last two years. Her last name is George, my last name is Bacon, put it together and what do you get? You get George Bacon! We called the kids George Bacon and we generally had fun confusing other people in the school. The first year we put up little signs that said "Who is George Bacon?" Sumin is off to Mexico to teach - I'm going to miss her!















For the last three and a half years at church I've been one of the leaders of the youth program. In this picture are four of the girls and one of the other adult leaders. Since we're moving to Whitby we'll be going to a different church building and I was therefore released from my duties. I'm going to miss the girls, but hopefully they'll all keep in touch - email is such a great thing!















This is a picture of my friend Roslynn. She is another teacher from Blue Willow P.S. She and I met three years ago when we were both new to Blue Willow. I taught her grade 4/5 class music. Roslynn is a beautiful person inside and out and she is embarking on a teaching adventure just like Sumin. Roslynn is going to be teaching in Dubai for the next two years.















The last goodbye of the week was the Treagars. Becky and Seth moved into the ward a year after we did. They are our LOST buddies. They are from Arizona and are heading back - Seth is going back to school to get his M.B.A. Below is Colton - their one year old. We've had lots of fun hanging out with them.
















I think I'm finished saying goodbye for a little while, unless of course you count saying goodbye to Ken tomorrow morning at the train station... well, that's another story.

3 comments:

Eric Jakob said...

Okay you are going to have to blog again because I'm curious about the "another story". Where is Ken going on a train?

Its ironic that you are the one leaving your ward yet so many people are actually leaving you. (by you I mean your friend circle of course)

Sally said...

You like Lost?? I LOVE Lost!!

Wendy said...

We are quite obsessed with LOST!!!