Saturday, August 11, 2007

Dumbo - Brooklyn

Dumbo (an acronym for "Down Under the Manhattan Bridge Overpass" or "Down Under Manhattan Brooklyn Overpass") is a really fun little area. This is where we went on Monday, August 6. We started out by trying to go to the Brooklyn Children's Museum only to discover that it's closed on a Monday. To salvage the trip Suzanne decided that we would go to Dumbo. After finally finding free street parking (for the minivan in Brooklyn!) we walked to Grimaldi's Pizzeria. The pizza was really good. It was worth waiting in line with five children and being squished once we were inside.













After the pizza we walked around the corner to Jacques Torres chocolate store and bought ice cream sandwiches. They were delicious. Our last stop was a little park between the Manhattan and Brooklyn bridges. The boys had so much fun running around and playing.



















Joey and Isaac, Mason - Isaac's friend




















The Lott boys and the Bates Boys





















I took a few pictures of the Brooklyn Bridge and was only moderately satisfied. There are limitations to our fun new digital camera.

3 comments:

Sally said...

Oh, how fun! I miss you and Suzi!!! What adorable kids! Does she really have 5 kids??? Where have I been??

Wendy said...

I guess I should have explained - she has three. We had two extras - a friend for Isaac and one for Joey.

Eric Jakob said...

Wow just like the movies..... You know the pizza and kids and stuff

Honestly, I didn't even know you were down there.