Saturday, April 18, 2026

Tree Top Trekking and Exploring Millbrook

The stake organized an activity for the youth turning 12 and 13 this year. They invited a few other older youth as leaders, but generally the activity was just for the younger ones. Fiona was so excited about it. We drove Fortius, Manny, Zion and Fiona and they all had such a great time. Fiona loves to climb and has no fear of heights so she was excited to be up in the trees. 


Once all of the kids were checked in and all of the waivers had been properly accounted for, Ken and I looked at a map. I picked Millbrook and we were off to explore a place we hadn't been to before.







It was such a cute little mainstreet. We went into the Home Hardware. This store was the epitome of small town Ontario. It had all of the hardware things you'd expect and extras that you need in a small town - knickknacks and local arts and crafts. On the mainstreet there was a chocolatier that had items listed as gluten free. There was also a cute store with home things upfront and cheese and meat and speciality grocery items in the back. Ken bought some cheese and we bought a fun sauce. Just to the south of the mainstreet was a little area with a pond and an old mill. The buildings also had quilting squares on them - like the Moose in Toronto a few years ago and like the Beavers that are currently in Toronto for FIFA. We had a delightful time exploring a new place together. 






When we got back to pick up the kids we assumed we might be late. Turns out that the kids weren't done. The continued to climb and use the zip lines. It was fun because I got to see Fiona doing her thing. I also got to cheer on Melanee doing something scary. Watching the kids challenge themselves and push themselves out of their comfort zones is pretty neat.


Later on it was time to take Milo for his afternoon walk. We had a funny walk. He wanted to lie down in weird places, and he laid down as it started to rain lightly. But then it wasn't raining lightly and I had my raincoat, but Milo was a drowned rat! I dragged him over to the school (Southwood) and waited under an overhang for Ken to come and rescue us. 

Today was such a fun day. I'm glad the weather held for the activity in the morning and that I could have a fun adventure with my love. 



No comments: