Tuesday, February 21, 2023

Alice is Twelve!

Alice decided that for her birthday dinner she wanted steak and garlic mashed potatoes. She also wanted Crave donuts. Other than that we didn't really make any plans. Crave donuts isn't open on a Tuesday, so after school when Ken picked up the girls they went to Sobey's and picked out cake slices. 

Nicole (Alice's YW's president) stopped by at some point today and dropped off some presents for Alice.
The girls were sitting together this afternoon and it made my heart happy!
Ken's dinner was so yummy!

My cute Alice!
We ate dinner, and then after dinner I asked Alice a few times what she wanted to do. I left to go do something... laundry? And there might have been a fight and then fighting, and then a bit of a collapse. It might have been really ugly, and Alice and Fiona might have gone upstairs and cried. And Ken and Kate and I spoke a lot, two hours worth of ugly, not all ugly, but lots ugly and hard. And it might have taken quite a toll on everyone, but we pulled through. We did pull together. We sang to Alice and there was cake and smiles. I'm grateful for forgiveness.






This is what Ken and I wrote in Alice's birthday card:

Twelve amazing things about Alice
1) Generosity – you have been so generous since always
2) Kind – the sweet way that you have with those around you is delightful
3) Curiosity – your world is full of questions and answers and wonder
4) Tenacity – when you want to do something, no one can stop you
5) Friend – you are a good friend
6) Sassy and Sarcastic – not sure some days how I feel about these, but they can be amusing!
7) Intelligent – you be smart
8) Peacemaker – you have been the peacemaker that we need so many times
9) Creative – I a little bit miss you making things all the time (not so much the mess…)
10) Open Mind – you’re not afraid to try new things
11) Funny – you keep us laughing
12) Joie de Vivre – we love the way you love life!

Alice, we love you. We’re so proud to be your parents. We’re so happy that you’re part of our family.

No comments: