Sunday, May 08, 2022

Mother's Day in Covidland

With Ken and Kate testing positive and sick, and me just barely out of isolation, we decided not to go to church today. We had a quiet Sunday at home instead.

I went for my first walk with Milo since I twisted my ankle. It was lovely. I just hope and pray that I'm not in pain tomorrow! The first pic is where I fell. Just where the sidewalk jogs to the right, I stepped funny and went down like a sack of potatoes!






I sat outside for a little when I got back with the dog and he came and sat under my chair. He's such a cutie.
The girls and I took a couch pic for Mother's Day in Covidland. Hopefully for the first and last time! (Covid specifically on Mother's Day. I don't suppose covid is going anywhere ever, so who knows what the future of covid will look like! EEK)
Someone I follow on Instagram posted this quote by Jeffrey R. Holland of the quorum of the twelve. I really love it. I sent it to several people today.
These were handed out at church today and the Elder's Quorum president stopped by and gave it to me in person which was really sweet of him.
I decided that I wanted Lemon Meringue pie, so I made one! From a kit, but I still made it. And it was good! I also made Shepherd's Pie which was also delicious!
Ken and I watched a bunch of season six of Alone. The lovely pic in the background is of a participant after she got bitten by a squirrel she had shot with a bow and arrow but it didn't die right away. LOVELY HUH!?!

Today was a good day. Not very exciting, and I feel badly, because we never did have a family church service. Ken had naps. Kate had naps. We talked about watching a movie as a family, but that didn't happen. Alice and Fiona did spend some time outside so that was good. The girls have been really helpful the last two weeks and we're not quite done yet!

I'm grateful that in this crazy messed up world we still take a day to honour mothers and motherhood. Being a Mom is dang hard, but it's one of the best things in my life. I wouldn't trade being a Mom for any other experience in life. I love you my daughters. You fill my life. My life wouldn't be complete without you. I am so thankful to be your Mama!!!

No comments: