Preparing with Alice for her baptism has been a sweet experience. She's been very inquisitive and she has very much wanted to understand the covenants that she is making.We've had lots of spiritual as well as practical discussions preparing for her special day.
After lots of preparing, we went to the chapel early on Saturday to set up and fill the font. I had no idea how long it took to fill the font, and when I looked online, the only reference I found was from a missionary that served his mission a few years ago. He'd written a blog and indicated that it took three hours to fill the font. Ken was there extra early and he started filling the font. He went to check on it after forty minutes and it was almost full! But it was cold. I think we'll have it down for Fiona!
We had invited lots of friends and family so we met in the chapel. Alice asked Kate to speak about baptism and her Grandma to speak about the Holy Ghost. She picked the songs, I played the piano and Janelle Elliott conducted. The opening prayer was given by her primary teacher Sheila Woodcock, the closing prayer by her Auntie Laura, and Bro. Brady (our ward mission leader) conducted the baptismal service.
Kate did great, and so did Mom (aka Grandma). Alice was changed quickly, families filled out the baptism note cards, and even though the water was a little cool (Ken had enough time, to empty some water and refill with hot), and Alice forgot to plug her nose, everything went well!
We had a little reception afterwards with snacks - not a meal, and everyone enjoyed spending time together chatting. We missed Nana and Papa who were snowed in up in Manitoulin, but we were so pleased that so many friends and family members were able to come and support Alice!


No comments:
Post a Comment