Jonathan and his family flew into Buffalo on Wednesday night. The stayed at Niagara Falls and spent the day on Thursday enjoying the church sites in and around Palmyra.
FRIDAY
On Friday we were all going to meet in Niagara Falls, do some fun stuff and then head to Ajax. The girls and I left to get Andrew late, and we got to Niagara late. Meanwhile in Connecticut, Suzanne had to take Joey for an MRI because he twisted his knee, and I don't think they left until 11 or something? I can't remember exactly when, but at some point in the afternoon Suzanne decided that Niagara wasn't happening for them, and they just came straight to Ajax, not even coming through Buffalo. But Andrew, the girls and I met up with Jon and Michelle and the kids and we did have a fun time even though we missed the Bateses!
In the morning before we got there, the Bacon's went on the Maid of the Mist on the American side.
After the Ferris Wheel, Jon and Andrew took the kids into this play place, which gave Michelle and I the opportunity to sit and chat for a minute, which was very nice. After that we walked down to the falls. We didn't get very far and my girls were ready to go home.
After stretching out in the grass we went in search of what I thought was ice cream but then turned out to be Timbits.
We walked back up the hill and I was ready to get on the road and go home, I was tired and done, but the other grown ups had a different plan! A go-kart place had just opened up and everyone wanted to go except me. Jon decided that we would all go and he was going to pay. I don't know if I've been go-karting before, and if I have, it was a very, very long time ago. The go-kart place was pretty cool. I didn't take a picture of the place, but the internet is the keeper of all pictures...
After the go-karting we piled in the van - Michelle, Lovey, me, and my three girls and drove to Ajax. We dropped off the girls and Michelle and I went to meet Jia at the Air BnB place. After that it was bed time and getting settled. Suzanne and Matthew came I can't remember when and dropped off Anna and the weekend of Bacons - of all names had begun.
SATURDAY
Saturday was hang out and picture taking day, but the pictures weren't until 3 in the afternoon. The girls enjoyed playing. They played and played. Having all the cousins together really is the best. Alice's modelling clay was a hit. Watching the girls creativity was fun. Suzanne came over with Ben and it was a party.
Before we knew it, it was time to get ready and go take pictures. I really love working with Emily. Having a friend that is an amazing artist, photographer, mom and all around awesome person makes a photography session lots of fun. It was bright, not too hot, the location was great, and mostly, mostly everyone was happy. Mostly. Fiona was in her regular I hate photography session form so that made life a little challenging, but I think Emily got lots of great shots. I took some fun behind the scene shots. Oh and Michelle did some of the girls' hair - so fun!
After many many pictures, we went over to the lake house, and Andrew cooked/bbq'd up a storm. He made pork for days, and asparagus, and salad, and we feasted!
Having kids that are old enough to leave home alone is awesome, (that took care of the lake house children) but sadly Ken missed out on the ice cream party at Chocolats Favoris, as none of the girls is as yet old enough to be left in charge of the others!
SUNDAY
We all went to church in Richmond Hill. It's always fun going back and visiting. There are still lots of familiar faces and I always look forward to a visit. After finally settling Fiona in primary with her cousins, I was able to go to Relief Society with Michelle and Suzanne.
After church we went to Mom's building. She had arranged for us to have the party room. We had lunch and then took turns swimming and hanging out and talking. I also took more pictures for our next book with all the girls...
And sweet Maria wanted a picture. Mom had Maria come to help her out. I'm not sure what happened to Andrew?! But we took a pic with sweet Maria. She's been a member of the family since we were kids!
MONDAY
Wonderland day. Ken took the day today and took the girls to play. All the kids had fun on the rides. Lovey and Anna are real daredevils and went on Leviathan a few times. My girls hung out with Ken in kiddie land, but I'm assured that everyone had a great time.
After the Wonderland fun we all met up at Vaughan Mills shopping centre. We were going to go to Pickle Barrel for dinner, but instead we just ate at the food court. It was definitely easier and faster. We were all hanging out and moving around, eating and talking. I was sitting with Andrew and Isaac. I went to go figure out what was happening with Michelle and the girls at Claire's, and when I came back Isaac was gone. Gone. And that's it. Isaac was off with Andrew to go say goodbye to Grandma and Grandpa. He's off at the end of June to the Air force Academy in Colorado. Eighteen years and he's off on his way. It's absolutely crazy. When did he grow up? Crazy.
For the last night all the girls slept in one room. They were cute together. Fiona really loves being babied by Lovey and Anna.
And just like that cousin fun is all done. Tuesday morning I was off to work early. Suzanne and her fam were back to Connecticut. Jon and his fam were off to see some Toronto friends, and then head to Buffalo to fly out on Wednesday. I do not like that my family is so spread out. I don't like that these family times are over so quickly. But, there are family times, and when they happen they are full and rich and happy. Family is great. I'm grateful for mine!





















































































No comments:
Post a Comment