What better way to pretend that you haven't moved, then by going back? I made the plans with Michelle in the summer. It was Michelle that cracked me! Up to the moving date, all through the process I just kept pushing any kind of emotion down. When Michelle told me how sad she was about the move - I can't remember when in the summer we had the conversation, but it was the first time that anything got to me. There has been so much to do there hasn't been time to be sad. I broke down on moving day when it was finally real, and I've had some sad moments the past two and half weeks, but I also wanted this day to look forward to! And here it is.
The Beeton Fall Fair is small. There are animals, a dog show, a magic show and rides. The forecast for today was rain. And it rained - but thankfully we did have a break and the girls all had some fun going on rides.
Poor Fiona, she completely had an accident and I didn't have any clean clothes for her. Ken drove up to Walmart in Alliston and then Fiona had dry clean clothes, and she got to go on her first ride. She was such a good patient girl before that. And she loved the rides! All the girls did.
After the fair we all went to Michelle and Alexei's house and the girls played, we ate dinner, and we had a lovely time. I will really truly ache for Michelle next summer when we're not around the corner from each other anymore, but I'm so glad that we can still get together and keep this beautiful friendship going!











No comments:
Post a Comment