Saturday, November 28, 2015

The Santa Claus Parade and Marisol's Birthday Party

I guess it started with the pancake breakfast this morning!  I almost forgot about that.  Last year it was Kate's school, this year it's Alice's school, but it's still the same awesome fundraiser.  The local hockey team served pancake breakfast, there were vendors, and of course, Santa Claus.  We all enjoyed our breakfast and the girls got a few new hair clips, and we had a practice picture with Santa.

After the breakfast it was home for a bit, and then off to the parade.  How many kids can say that they get a parade for their birthday?  Last year Marisol's birthday party was at Bizzy Bees and we missed the parade.  We went to the Beeton parade with Michelle and the girls the next week (or week after) and agreed that the Beeton parade was not nearly as good as the Tottenham parade.  This year Michelle decided to incorporate the parade into Marisol's party.  I thought that was a great idea.

We met up with the Tokarev's on the parade route and enjoyed the parade.








After the parade we walked over to the Tokarevs for the rest of the party fun!












The Olaf pinata cracked me up.  The girls really demolished it, and no one flinched. I still feel funny hitting pinatas with faces, but it seems to be just me!



And then Alexei put the pinata in the fire, I thought oh my goodness.  But again, the girls loved it.  They thought it was great fun!  It was pretty funny.






It was so lovely to spend time with Michelle.  The girls had fun, it was a lovely relaxing party.  We were the honorary grown-ups, Marisol pointed this out.  I don't think she minded too much!  (She was promised a kid only friend party this year!)  Happy Birthday Marisol! Thanks for sharing your birthday with us!

What a fun Saturday.  Weekends are the best!

No comments: