Sunday - Went to church in Barrie for 9 a.m. - got there before church started - WOOHOO!!
Today was mostly about waiting. Kate kept telling me that her cousins were coming any minute. The later it got in the day the more vehemently she would tell me that they were coming. I was scolded when I tried to explain that they would be coming tomorrow.
Monday - Went to Bolton to pick up a new (to us) baby monitor, went to play/hang out with the Kondrats, Tried to prepare for the Bateses.
Today was about an errand, a visit and more waiting. The drive to Bolton and back was fine and Kate had lots of fun playing with Ciera and Summer (at the Kondrats). I tried to clean/organize/tidy and I felt like I did a whole lot of nothing. I suppose I started a bunch of things. Suzanne and the kiddies arrived at 8 p.m. YAY!! We're all so excited that they're here.
Tuesday - THUNDER STORM, me - groceries, went to see Grandma and Grandpa - swimming!
Today was supposed to be about sticking close to home and not doing too much. We were going to go to Orangeville and hang out with some friends at a park out there but the sky was scary. The sky got scarier and scarier until the heavens opened and it poured. There was thunder and lightening and it went on for a while. When it eventually cleared up we made our way to Grandma and Grandpa's and had a fun time swimming, playing with toys, and just hanging out. And brave Grandma and Grandpa decided to keep ALL the boys for the night!
Wednesday - Barrie - Tyndale Beach
This is the same beach that we went to with Grandma and Grandpa in week three, when I forgot my camera. I didn't forget my camera today. One exciting note about today's trip is that it was made in Grandma and Grandpa's new van - not a wheel chair van. Dad can now get in and out of a regular van. They'll still keep the wheel chair van and still use it, but this is an exciting step for Dad. He used his walker to get around and as a chair.
The kids had fun. Isaac and Joey played catch. Anna, Kate, and Alice played in the sand. Thomas played at the park. They splashed in the water. The weather was perfect. It was just a lovely day at the beach.
After the beach everyone came back to our abode and we had subs from subway. Grandpa sat in a chair on the porch - also a first since the surgery. It's crazy that Dad hasn't been in our house since before his surgery.
Thursday - Centre Island - Me, my girls, Suzanne, the cousins, Grandma, Grandpa, Uncle Andrew and Rayna
Today was an epic adventure with an epic cast of characters. Three mini-vans filled with crazy people actually found parking. We all found each other and we all rode the ferry. We did eventually figure out some food, and had a walk around with Grandma and Grandpa before they called it a day.
Then the rides. All the kids loved the rides. I loved watching the kids love the rides. Kate and Anna's first ride was the bumble bee ride. They were so cute. Their little faces were just lit up.
The one thing about being a large group with so many different ages is that we obviously didn't stay together. Andrew and Rayna (that's right, Andrew has a girlfriend and he actually let us meet her) took the boys, and Suzanne and I had the girls. And consequently, I have NO pictures of the boys enjoying their rides and sadder still didn't snap a pic of Rayna. Rayna was so cute and sweet with all of the nephews and nieces. She made quite the impression on everyone.
After we returned to the mainland we again split up - boys with Andrew and Rayna, Suzanne and I with all the girls. We eventually found food, and we all eventually made it back to Tottenham safe and sound.
Friday - A quiet around the house day - put Kate and Alice to bed and left them with Auntie Suzanne and went to see a movie with Ken!! (Hunger Games)
Alice loves water. She loves the bath, she loves swimming, she loves the sand/water table in the backyard, she just loves water. She was bored today so I stuck her in the kitchen sink. She was in heaven.
And thank you Suzanne for watching our girls so we could go on our first date of this calendar year 2012. Someday Ken and I will go out again on a regular basis. For now we cherish (don't stick your tongue out Ken) our few dates.
Saturday - A weird do nothing, but something, trip to the mall, car troubles, Newmarket then home again day, then Suzanne and Anna went to Mom's because Mom's back is NOT good.
Ugh. Today was one of those weird nothing goes the way you plan it kind of days. Suzanne went to Newmarket without us because Alice fell asleep and the poor thing hasn't had a normal nap all week. Then Suzanne phoned to say she was having car trouble.
Eventually Ken, Kate, Alice and I all went to Newmarket, but in two separate cars. We picked up the Bateses at the mall and went to Once Upon a Child. We spent a VERY long time in the store. Ken then took Isaac and Joey and left to go home. Suzanne and I and the rest of the kids went to Canadian Tire to inquire about the fate of the van and thankfully it was fixed.
That's when attention was turned to Mom. I remember saying that I didn't think it was a good idea for Mom and Dad to come to Centre Island. I thought it would be way too much for Mom, and clearly it was because she's now in bed in massive amounts of pain and she can't move. Thank goodness Suzanne is here to save the day. She and Anna drove down to Mom and Dad's to check in and stay with them over night. Ken and I kept the three boys. I hope Mom is feeling better soon.
No comments:
Post a Comment